Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2010-2011 Cakes


Scooby Doo Cake: Made April 2011
The mom of the family I nanny for told me that Reed was having a birthday in 2 days and when she found out I make cakes she said I should make them one sometime. Well, me jumping at any chance I get; I voulenteered to do Reed's cake with only 1 day notice. I was pretty proud how acurate Scooby Doo turned out. The ghosts and star fish monster are made out of Rice Krispy Treats with fondant covering over. Everything is edible on this cake! (I thought it was funny that this cake was the complete opposite of the last cake I made)





Bikni Cake: Made March 2011
Oh the loveable bikini cake....I've got a lot of mixed feelings from people about this cake. And I got to say I don't know how I feel about this one either. When my mother-in-law told me this is what she wanted me to make my father-in-law I was a little shocked. Well, not in the fact that she wanted this for her husband, but the fact I was making this for my father-in-law. Anyways, I think so far it is my best work because it turned out very "clean" (haha, mom joke) and just altogether looked better than I thought it would. When I was preparing to make this cake I was trying to find a round/ball shape cake pan for the bust and found a sports ball cake pan with instructions on how to put the 2 pieces together to make a soccer or basketball...There wasn't any instructions on how to make boobs though...lol.





Mighty Ducks Cake: Made May 2010
I had so much fun making this cake. My brother-in-law loves hockey and the Mighty Ducks is his favorite team so I made him the logo into cake! The sculpting took a lot of time and practice but I was happy with how it turned out.





Garden Cake: Made April 2010
This cake was for my mother-in-law. I thought the daisies looked good for having no clue how to do them. I plan on taking a cake on gumpaste flowers so I can learn the correct way to do them, but for this being my first time I really like them. The watering pail and flower pot are not edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment